Argyle House School was established in 1884 by its founder, Mr Hanna, M A Principal. He looked after the concerns of the school until he handed it over to his son James. James ran the school until he passed away in 1935.
After his death, his three daughters took over and relocated the school to number 12 Thornhill Park. They ran the school until the last sister passed away in 1967. Their niece, Mrs Davis, then took over the running of the school until it was put up for sale in 1968 and subsequently sold to Mr J N Johnson in 1969. Mr Johnson moved the school to its current location at 19 and 20 Thornhill Park.
The school saw many changes under the leadership of Mr Johnson and his wife. On his retirement, his son, Mr C Johnson, took over the school.
Further developments have since taken place, with extra facilities added and subjects introduced.